The Cabin Retreat
When THE GUEST OF THE HOST Arrives.
· You are in the country! We take every precaution possible to keep pests & insects outdoors but please remember all of our cabins are located in the forest, which we share with insects & other critters, such as ladybugs, field mice, squirrels, raccoons, opossums, bees, spiders, flies, wasps, deer, walking sticks, turkeys, bear, grouse, coyotes, snakes, moths, butterflies, just to name a few. Some ways that you could help would be to keep all exterior doors and windows without screens shut, keep food and drinks contained, and keep kitchen area clean. When outdoors, keep your eyes and ears open, and watch where you are walking.
· If you anticipate a need for instant hot-water drinks, there is a Keurig in the kitchen. There is a coffee/tea bar available for large group usage in The Coherency. There is also a microwave for heating water in the Kitchen and The Coherency. There is a small refrigerator in The Coherency with cold beverages. The water is good to drink straight from the spout. However, cold bottled water is available with the cold drinks and room temperature water is located in the crate under the counter in the Kitchen.
· Check out the bathroom for travel-sized toiletries. Towels and wash cloths are provided.
· A fire extinguisher is located in the kitchen by the refrigerator on the first level. A fireball extinguisher is located in the short stand by the futon on the upper level, and fire extinguisher spray is located in the laundry room in the basement.
· A temporary ladder is provided on the upper level and is located in the bottom of the clothes closet.
· A first aid kit is located in the Kitchen by the refrigerator.
· Extra blankets and pillows are in bedroom closet on The Relaxation level, under the lower bunk bed in the loft, and in the closet in The Coherency.
· No burning candles. Flameless candles are provided upon request.
· Fireworks are prohibited. Period.
· There is NO SMOKING allowed at the cabin. Period.
· There is a charcoal and gas grill available for your usage. Do not leave the grill unattended when using. Be sure to turn the grill off when finished.
· The hammock(s) are for your enjoyment. Be careful when getting in and out of the hammocks.
· Please do NOT DISCONNECT OR REARRANGE ANY WIRING TO OR FROM THE TV. If you have any problems, please call the guest coordinator or owner at the above number.
· The Cabin Retreat homeowner and guest coordinator welcome your comments. Please take a moment to sign our guest books.
· No horseplaying.
· Please be respectful and treat The Cabin Retreat as you would your own home. We have put a lot of time and effort into The Cabin Retreat to provide you and your family a wonderful vacation.
· Do not adjust the refrigerator settings.
· There is an in-sink disposal in the kitchen sink. Please refrain from putting food scraps in the disposal.
· Do not rearrange any furniture without permission. Please treat the cabin as your own, as it will help assure the cabin in the condition you expect when you arrive.
· Locked closets and cabinets are for owners use only.
· No animals or pets of any kind can be kept, allowed or permitted on or in the premises — unless written consent has been secured.
· If you wish to purchase antiques, please complete a “Sales at The Cabin Retreat” form. Leave the form with payment on the counter.
· If you wish to donate to the scholarship fund to help support women in attending future events, please leave your scholarship monies in the “Hawk’s Nest State Park” Log Cabin Bank behind the sofa in The Relaxation Room.
· Sodas are available in the efficiency in “The Coherency” for $1.00. Popcorn is $3.00 a turn and may serve 7-8 guests. Individual popcorn bags are available. Monies should be placed in the Cash Jar in The Efficiency.
· Please see your Host for the following:
o Sett Room Temperature
o Fireplace Fires
o Outside Campfires
o Explore Local Activities
o Complete “The Cabin Retreat Evaluation” form. Leave forms on the counter.
o Sign up for The Cabin Retreat Mailing List if interested in receiving notifications about happenings at The Cabin Retreat. Leave form on the counter.
o Upcoming retreat information and registration forms. Please give each guest a copy. Guests may leave their completed forms with payment (if desired) on the counter.
· No excessive alcoholic beverages, loud noise, horseplay, or disruptions.